Saturday, October 5, 2013

Monster High's Operetta by Mattel

This beautiful monster has a name like a title: Operetta! Just like her father, The Phantom of The Opera! She is a stunner! I got her online but I have seen her at Toys R Us for $14.99!


Great graphics telling all about her schedule the day of the big party!


I won't put you through the pictures of the extraction again! It is exactly the same as the other Monster High dolls I have reviewed. Let's just say that I am thankful that these dolls are easier to open than most other dolls on the market! The box is not taped shut and the inside cardboard just slides out. If you snip everything on the plain side of the inner cardboard, everything will just fall off. (Make sure you do that step over a table so you don't lose any small pieces, like accessories, purses, and such!) The only part I will openly complain about is the fact that Mattel feels it is necessary, with all the ties and elastics holding the doll down, that plastic ties be shot through the doll's head. This is just terrible! It is probably the only complaint I have been able to come up with against these dolls! It is very difficult to get the hair aside enough to snip the ties level with the scalp so they won't stick out and poke you when you are brushing and styling the hair! (They can be very sharp too!) And when you snip, it is very difficult to make sure you don't snip any hair!!!

When all that is done, this is what we have out of the box! The doll, her accessories, a trading card, a useful stand, and a useless, but cute, brush.


This doll is absolutely stunning!


Her fiery red hair and lips are beautifully contrasted with her pale skin. A beauty mark is a nice touch against the intricately molded "deformation" that runs from her face, down her side!



 And even extends down into her armpit!


As a tattooed Grandma, I love her tattoos!!!



She has her hair up in a ponytail with tightly rolled bangs. Her hair is really, really crunchy with product but I decided I am going to leave it that way, at least until I get a less elaborate dress. I do love her giant hair bow that matches the dress!


Very dramatic! Matches Operetta's personality very well!!!


Her dress is very well made. It has nice, even stitching and is hemmed well. But the fabric is just a little too stiff. It looks very full and pretty when Operetta is standing but if she tries to sit, she has a little problem......



I like her accessories. Except for the fact that her purse doesn't open.


I couldn't believe when I went to shut her compact, there was a plastic tie around it. I snipped it and found out that the brush actually COMES OUT!!!


This doll is all about the details! She is highly recommended! Her mold is amazing and she is definitely unique! I am getting enough of these dolls to really appreciate the differences and, as far as features go, Operetta is definitely one of my favourites!!!

I am not a big shoe person but I must say, all Monster High shoes are great, but these are the best shoes I have seen yet! Love the spiders!!! I am in a Halloweeny mood lately!




No comments:

Post a Comment